Safe for use in the Freezer, Microwave and Oven, These Chocolate Molds Are Ideal for Any Home Baker
Homemade Chocolate Caramel Eggs Recipe
These decadent and delicious homemade chocolate caramel eggs are ideal for Easter or any special occasion. For a stunning presentation, the creamy caramel filling is enrobed in rich semisweet chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate. Make a large batch to share with family and friends.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Heat the granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula until melted and golden brown.
- Stir in the cubed butter until it is completely melted.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream while constantly stirring.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely in a bowl.
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Form the cooled caramel mixture into egg-shaped balls about 2 inches in diameter with your hands and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow the caramel eggs to freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate and vegetable shortening in a double boiler, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Dip each caramel egg into the melted chocolate with a fork, letting the excess drip off, and place it back on the baking sheet.
- Microwave or use a double boiler to melt the white chocolate chips until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the chocolate-covered eggs with a spoon or a piping bag.
- Refrigerate the chocolate caramel eggs for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Serve and have fun.
Chocolate Balls Accessories
Organic Cacao Powder
Making Chocolate Cookbook
Betterbody Organic Cacao Powder
Chocolate Balls Recipes
Chocolate Cinnamon Truffles Recipe
Coconut Rum Balls Recipe
Brazilian Fudge Balls (Brigadeiro) Recipe
Chocolate Walnut Bark Recipe